Farschad

remember, USB storage drives use SCSI modulation, just
like 1394/iLink (firewire) devices.  So when you're
adding them and looking for them, you want to look for
SCSI devices.

Modules that may be required depending upon your
system include;

usbdevfs

sd_mod

I would boot the system, add the modules via 'modprobe
-d usbdevfs' and ' modprobe -d sd_mod', then run 'tail
-f /var/log/messages' and attach the USB devices.  You
should see in the message log the hardware
information.

Alternatively 'dmesg' is your friend as well.

Last, but not least, /proc will help you;
/proc/scsi/
/proc/bus/

lt