Here's a slow pitch:

I have been recently instructed to move a web domain to internally hosted servers.

In so doing I added 4 A records with our external DNS host (for round robin load sharing) to move the domain for web hosting. In so doing, partly because I missed the part about the customers email, I disabled email for the customer. We don't host email internally. To appease the demo gods, imagine if you will:

www.customersite.com. IN A 192.168.0.5
www.customersite.com. IN A 192.168.0.6
www.customersite.com. IN A 192.168.0.7
www.customersite.com. IN A 192.168.0.8

I have since hoped to correct the problem by adding a MX record:

customersite.com. IN MX 10 mail.customermailhost.com

Would this be correct? I'm waiting over the weekend for DNS to propogate at this point. Our DNS host didn't balk at the request, and trust me, if it was odd, they would have.

Thanks, Tim