I have now uninstalled and reinstalled.  No change.  rpm would not
uninstall, since it reports that the package was not installed in the
first place.  I then used Red Carpet-  it uninstalled and then
reinstalled  without any error messages, yet I still cannot find the
program on any menu.   I can still get a welcome screen if I run
:timidikty: from the shell.

This doesn't make sense.

Rich.