At 7/21/2003 14:17 -0700, you wrote:
Count this as a third. I gladly pay the measly $60 for my RHN account on
each box I have. I think RedHat does an excellent job and I want them to be
around. They're my distribution of choice.

You know there was a "two systems for $84" sale somewhere out there; you may want to check on that, since I pay an even more measly $42/year for each system I have. <grin>

In the past
couple weeks, I had an epiphany that it's better to have a system that is
solid and works and I can be productive, than trying to always be on the
bleeding edge...

Amen, brother.

My home firewall still runs 7.3 and does a wonderful job, comfortably handing out uptimes of 160 days at a time. And every time I thought "this weekend I'll rebuild it", I always found something better to do with my time. Took me a year or so, but I finally saw the light: backup the configuration so I know what worked, and since it most definitely is not broken, don't fix it.

Ah, the extra time, the reduced stress, the joy of getting out more often... <smile>

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz [EMAIL PROTECTED]