On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:24:44PM -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 15:15, Kent Borg wrote this in an attempt to be
> witty and informative:
> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:30:10AM -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> > > It was installed by default for me and I didn't do an everything
> > > install.
> >
> > Were you doing an upgrade from, say, RH 7.3?  Maybe your installation
> > of wine is left over from then.
>
> Nope. Clean format and install.

Well, something doesn't add up.  I remember people complaining that
wine was dropped, I didn't get wine installed in my "everything"
install, Samuel Flory came to the conclusion wine is not in 9, and the
Red Hat 9 release notes say:

     The following packages have been removed from Red Hat Linux 9:

  [...]

     - wine - Developer resource constraints

So I am wondering what you are seeing, where you are seeing it, and
how it came to be the way it is.  ...  Did you install something else
that included wine, say, Crossover Office?  Were you typing wine is a
window from another machine?  Did you really do a fresh install.
Something doesn't add up, including the possibility that I am confused
here.

-kb, the Kent who has often times lost hours of debugging because he
wasn't looking at what he thought he was looking at.

P.S.  Can you find a wine rpm on your install CDs?  If you can, do
your install CDs image sums match the md5sums published by Red Hat?