On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:03:42PM -0700, Jon Neher wrote:

> My RH8.0 system got updated with some RH AS2.1 rpms (don't ask).
> We don't know when it happened or what the list is.  Does
> anyone know a way to verify the rpms on a system?

There's a couple of things to do.  First, get a list of all the rpms in
the order they were installed:

$ rpm -qa --queryformat '%{installtime} %{name}-%{version}-%{release}
%{installtime:date}\n' | sort -g | sed -e 's/^[^ ]* //'

Now, there's a good chance you can get a grouping.  It's likely that ht
person doing the updating applied a batch of packages, not just one here
and there.  Secondly, you need to determine what you mean by "verify".
The package can verify if all the files on the system match those
specified in the rpm database.  This could happen if you popped a binary
rpm and told it to update - everything looks good, but it isn't for the
version you're running. That means that you need to take a complete
listing of all the packages in a stock 8.0 system, update that list with
the current errata, and then compare that with the list of packages that
are currently installed.

Last, you should check the build host on all your packages.  Since Red
Hat does not distribute binary packages of AS2.1 except to paying AS2.1
customers, you've probably built from sources on your system.  If this
is the case, the build host will be one of your hosts.  So, try this:

$ rpm -qa --queryformat '%{name} %{buildhost}\n' | grep -v redhat

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]