On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 07:15, Michael Gargiullo wrote:
> Sure,
>
>       I've got a Compaq Presario 1800T, Dell Inspirion, Winbook...  All of
> them installed RH9 without a problem.  The only laptop I've heard has
> minor problems are the Sonys, but that was a while ago.  It might be ok
> now.

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA47.  When I bought it, I installed RedHat 7.2
on it.  There were a couple of minor tweaks I had to make, but it
installed fine.  I've since upgraded it to RH 9 with no problems.  I
suspect the biggest potential problem with most notebooks is whether or
not the video chipset is supported by XFree86.

--
David Hollister
Furthurnet - Free, legal P2P - share the tunes:  http://furthurnet.org