Hello,

I have setup a NIS connection between 2 machines. I have everything setup
and when I type "ypcat passwd" on the slave server, I get the master's
passwd, which leads me to believe that NIS is working fine. But when I try
the command "/usr/lib/yp/ypinit -s <masterhost>, I get the following error:

We will need a few minutes to copy the data from <masterhost>.
Transferring services.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring rpc.bynumber...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring rpc.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring protocols.bynumber...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring networks.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring networks.byaddr...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring netid.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring group.bygid...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring group.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring hosts.byaddr...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring hosts.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring passwd.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring protocols.byname...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring ypservers...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running
Transferring passwd.byuid...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running

<slavehost>'s NIS data base has been set up.
If there were warnings, please figure out what went wrong, and fix it.

Anyone knows why I am getting this error?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Karl