Hello,

I'm preparing a small Linux lab and need to lock it down so that users
cannot halt/reboot the system.  Whenever one logs out of gnome they are
prompted with these options.  I searched the net to see how to disable
this behaviour and it was suggested that I should change the settings in
/etc/pam.d/shutdown and reboot.  I set both of these to:

auth       required     pam_rootok.so

Now users cannot reboot or halt the systems, but they are still given
the options when they log out.  How does one remove these options?
(Maybe the pam changes I made were incorrect?)

This is my first post to this list. If this is a suitable place for
these kinds of questions I'll have more to come, sorry if I've posted to
the wrong list.

Cheers,

Ben