On my RH 7.3 system, the /USR filesystem is almost full.  I've purchased an
additional disk drive and will install, format and mount it.

Is there some way that I can "append" the new storage space to the existing
/USR filesystem?  Or do I have to create a new /USR (on the new drive), copy
everything over and then "waste" the old /USR (it's about 15GB so I hate to
waste it)?

Can this be done through the use of symbolic link(s)?  There are more than
ten thousand files and directories on the existing /USR.

I've scoured the documentation, but this topic seems to be omitted (or I'm
too stupid to find it).

Thanks very much for your suggestions!