Hi,

I'm running a relatively small scale RedHat 9 server and am wondering if there are any good (free/open source?) status monitoring tools that check if web services, mail services, etc are functioning and alerts an administrator if they aren't (for example, if the daemon isn't responding to requests). I'm thinking something similar to Watchdog or HP OpenView but on a much smaller scale. Running it from another machine also isn't a problem. Any comments or pointers would be great!

Thanks,

--
Matt Blasinski (mbv)
Internet Infrastructure Applications Technology