On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Mark Greene wrote:

> I have to make /boot larger in order to install the latest kernel
> updates.

are you sure you need to do that?  typically, all that needs to be
added to /boot is a compressed kernel and an initrd image.  those
don't take up all *that* much space.  what's your current situation?

> I have a several gig in a filesystem that is not being used.
> If I delete the unused partition, can I create a /boot_copy partition,
> copy the contents of /boot there, remove /boot, and then rename
> /boot_copy /boot?

if you physically move the /boot stuff to another partition, you'd
also have to adjust the partition name in /etc/grub.conf, i would
think.

rday