Jonathan,

Thanks for your help.  Maybe you can explain this in a little more
detail teach me and simplify the process even more.

The problem in /lib/modules directory (Over 75% of the disk
space) which appears to hold old and current of the kernel files.
Running the "du sk" command shows these directories:

27308   2.4.18-27.8.0
27573   2.4.18-14
28174   2.4.20-18.8
28195   2.4.20-19.8
28203   2.4.20-13.8
28274   2.4.18-27.8.0smp
28545   2.4.18-14smp
29255   2.4.20-18.8smp
29279   2.4.20-19.8smp
29284   2.4.20-13.8smp

Since up2date has provided previous kernel updates, I'm guessing this
is the original kernel plus all of the updates.  Can I delete old
kernels?  And can I set up2date with a different configuration
to prevent all of these extra files?

Peace,
---