I bougth a new PC with a MB that has video, sound, etc. integrated. The video
card, as I read in the manual is a ProSavage KM266 (RH 9 sees it as a KM133,
I think because it doesn't know about the km266 yet).
This wouldn't be a problem if I could get XFree to work (which I can't),
unless I use the vesa driver that comes with XFree (4.3.0). If I use the
savage driver I get horrible refresh rates, like if multiple copies of the
screen would have been put one a side of the other, but with horizontal rays.

I read that this Video Cards need another driver which is in rawhide or in
XFree86 CVS:

http://probo.probo.com/pipermail/savage40/2003-July/000042.html

Am I right up to here?

The question is. How dificult would it be to install only the new driver on
top of the original XFree86 (4.3.0)?

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?