On Wednesday 30 July 2003 06:00 am,
> From: reza saeidinia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> whats the following messages mean:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/crt1.o In  function ''_start':
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/crt1.o(.text+ox18):undefined
> refrence to 'main' thank you.

That you're trying to compile a program that has no function named main. Try
reading the book (any book, though I prefer K&R), and you'll see that every
executable C program *REQUIRES* that the top, first function that is
executed when the program runs, and which runs everything else, be named
main.

RTFM

        mark

--
Message to Ashcroft:
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the