Xf86config or xf86cfg might be there.. give those a go..

Hth

Kel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 2:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Installing voodoo 3 ... driver issues

I installed a voodoo3 video card in my redhat 9 computer.  kuzdu
detected it and did some configuring.  But x doesn't work and
redhat-config-xfree cannot run.  Is there any other text-mode
configuration tool I coudl be using?

Should I see tdfx loaded?  When I do an lsmod, I don't see any driver
that I recognize as a video driver.  There are no video-related entries
in /etc/modules.conf.  When I try to load it manually:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] amead]# /sbin/insmod
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o: couldn't find the kernel
version the module was compiled for

Any thoughts on how to get this card working?  Am I barking up the wrong
tree, trying to get a driver loaded?

-Alan