Hi.

Linux novice who'd like some advice on upgrading my RH9 Mozilla 1.2 to

the latest 1.4 version. I've tried to upgrade using Synaptic (only

sees 1.2), as well as look for RH9 RPMs but I can't find anything

applicable. My questions:

1.    I do see a source file at mozilla.org. Will compiling stuff from

source screw up my rpm db or apt-get db as far as what's installed,

and what will need to be upgraded in the future? Moreover, I tried to

start by removing Mozilla 1.2 (rpm -e mozilla) and every time I did,

it popped up more and more dependencies to de-install (and so on.)

There has to be a better way. What is it?

2.    Are there RPMS or a place I can add into my apt sources file to

upgrade to 1.4?

Oh yeah, one other thing…I installed Enlightenment, didn't like it,

then uninstalled it. How do I get the Enlightenment entry out of the

Sessions dialog box when you login? (It didn't remove on its own.)

Thank you for your help.

Bob