The graphics and sound support for intel 815 motherboards
behave in a very erratic manner. With some motherboards, it
is all okay. But, with some others, the graphics and sound
comes only occassionally. Even if sound comes, the sample
rate is absurd. Also, if we switch between graphical and text
modes, the system might hang. No kernel, X server etc
versions are free from this problem. My friend Rathees K K
also experienced this problem. He also posted this in the
debian user list. But, no response was obtained. The sound
HOWTO says something about the DOS drivers. Any suggestions
from others facing similar problems?
19480723

=====
The best things in life are free