From: The Other [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 11:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RH: What is DCOPserver and why is it not running?

08/06/03

Hello All,

What is DCOPserver in the KDE world?

I was trying to run some KDE desktop games and apps, and I got a
message that the DCOPserver is not running.  Clicking OK brought up
the game and app successfully, but it might have caused a problem when
I halted the machine for the night.

When I booted the next morning, the Xwindows session closed within 10
seconds and I couldn't log in with a graphical interface.  Not knowing
how to recover, I reinstalled Redhat 9.0 tonight.

I'd like not to have to reinstall again.

There may have been another issue in that I tried to update the BASH
rpm from a user, rather than root.  That might have caused the boot
problem the next morning.

So I'm gun shy right now and leaving the machine running until I see
your replies on what went wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks All,
Stephen.