On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 14:59, M. Parcheur wrote:
> <Make a symbolic link of /dev/dvd to /dev/hdc or whatever your DVD-ROM <device is
> called.
> This link already exists.
>
> In fact with Ogle I get nothing, but with Xine I get the fist images and it crashes.
>  With mplayer it doesn't crash, but images are a mosaic of small squares and if
> visible it 's really ugly.
>
> M. Parcheur

It looks like you have DeCSS installed in Ogle. Mplayer comes
pre-equipped with decss abilities. If you havent, please read up on MPAA
v. 2600.org for reasons why DVD on linux is such a pain in the ass.
Apparently all linux users are pirates.

Did you check the permissions on /dev/dvd? Have you tried running the
players as root?

Cheers,
Ryan