Nick Wilson,

On Saturday August 09, 2003 09:26, Nick Wilson wrote:
> * and then Jim Hayward declared....
>
> > OK let me try this again, now that my brain is awake. Never answer
> > questions right after you crawl out of bed .:-P
>
> Heh! - I do that all the time ;-)
>
> > RH 9 comes with both GTK/GLIB 1.x and 2.2.1.
> >
> > The development versions of the Gimp require GTK/GLIB 2.2.2
>
> Ok. So, am I safe to go grab the latest gtk rpm and install it or.....
> sorry, I'm not to good at the tech side of running Linux, I'm just a
> desktop user with a *little* extra knowledge ;)

Actually, the development versions of the gimp require 2.2.0 (according to the
INSTALL file included in the tarball) or higher and if you have all the devel
libs installed The Gimp will compile and run fine on RH9. At least they have
for me.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]