On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 07:44 PM, M. Parcheur wrote:

In your personal directory /home/user/ there is a file .Xclients-default; you can edit it like this:
#!/bin/bash
# (c) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.

exec /usr/local/bin/fluxbox

Actually, there wasn't a file of that name in my home directory. But I went ahead and created it as you said. Then I went ahead and changed /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/fluxbox:

And you must edit the file /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/fluxbox like this:
#!/bin/bash
exec /etc/X11/xdm/Xsessions fluxbox

I tried restarting X, but fluxbox wasn't in the Sessions box. So then I restarted my computer and it _still_ wasn't there. I exited X and tried booting it from the console by typing "fluxbox" and then "/usr/local/bin/fluxbox" but it only came up with this error message:

BaseDisplay::BaseDisplay: connection to X server failed.
Fluxbox: Unknown error.

Can anybody else help me? Thanks for your help, though, M. Parcheur.

- Lukas Fried