From: rick hamell <hamellr dsinw com>
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Y2.038K ISSUES -was Re: Y2K Issues
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

> my question is/was not about y2k per se but about YEAR 2038 COMPLIANCE.
> is the unix/linux community doing anything to address this issue?  How
> long will we/they wait?

        Ahh, my understanding is that date is a 32 bit number, so it
stands to reason that when we change to a 64 bit operating system, the
number will change also. For Linux I don't know when that will be, but
FreeBSD will supposedly be there in version 3.2 (3.0 is due out in days
:)
So I'd guess that it'll be soon!

                                Rick