Hi,

I was just wondering if linux has general problems handling large drives.
I have a maxtor 8.3GB drive and I keep getting seek timeout errors and my
whole systems crashes. It's a new drive and any scan for errors turns up
empty. So, is linux's handling of large drives buggy, i.e. has anyone
else had these kind of prblems with large drives?

Thanks,

-Ulrich