At 02:27 PM 4/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

>       Quick question this time:  When I installed RH 4.2, I didn't specify
>any memory, but the system I installed onto has 128MB RAM.  When I did a
>"free", I get a Mem of 63204 and a Swap of 102812.  Am I missing something
>here?  Do I have to set something to utilize all of my RAM?

Karl,

  Use your favorite editor; in /etc/lilo.conf put this line at the bottom
of the linux kernel stanza:

                append="mem=128M"

Some folks advocate using only 127M, but I can't comment on that.

  Then, run /sbin/lilo to rebuild lilo. For the change to take effect,
shutdown -r now and reboot into linux.  When you do free you'll see all of
your RAM there.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.