On 08 Aug 2003 21:47:13 -0300
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Hey all,
>
>    Is there a tool which can give me a snapshot of downloading speed on
> machines who are being forwarded packages by my machine? Maybe some way
> to use netstat -c .. (I'm trying to use netstat -M and am getting "no
> support for ip_maquerading on this machine". I don't even know what the
> output would be though.) That way I can get an idea of how much of the
> bandwidth is taken by the forwarded clients.
>    I'll be trying to set up SFQ soon.. seems hard.
>
>    Thanks

It may not be good enough for what you're trying to do but you
could look at the LOG target of iptables.   This will generate
log entries for packets passing through a machine with a time stamp.
You'll need some way to pull that information out of the logs
and summarize it.

You might also want to look at the  netwatch  package which may
do everything you need without all the manual labor:

           http://www.slctech.org/~mackay/netwatch.html

Cheers,
Sean