Hi Guys,

I am trying to forward port 8080 on my redhat 8.0 box to port 80 on my
solaris box and I have done the following so far:

Made sure that I have a "1" in my /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward file

and issued the following command:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d 192.168.0.7 --dport 8080 -j
DNAT --to 192.168.0.5:80

I have made sure that apache is running on 192.168.0.5:80 by directly access
the site.  But when I try and access it through: http://192.168.0.7:8080 I
am unable to bring anything up.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  I don't have any other Iptable rules..

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
-Simran H.