Hello,

I rent a dedicated server (running RH 8.0) and every now and then, I
get this error on bash command line.

Running any command that requires write access on the disk (touch
/tmp/foo for instance) results in " Input/output error". The only way
I've found so far to get back to normal operation is to hard reboot
the machine. After the reboot, the system works fine for a
day/week/month and the same problem occurs again.

My hosting provider claims that it has nothing to do with the server
itself and that it is due to a software misuse. A few Linux admins
told me that this could be related to a disk hardware or driver problem.

I did not find any definitive documentation on that and I'm a bit at a loss about what
to do...
Any thoughts about this problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Tom