On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:03:49 -0600
"Christian Fredrickson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a disk drive that required a new driver be compiled on RedHat 9 in
> order to work. I want to move / to the new drive. I mapped the new drive as
> /newRoot and used find . -depth -print | cpio -padumV /newRoot to copy / to
> the new drive.
>
> I edit fstab to mount old root to /newRoot and mount the new drive as /. I
> reboot and get an error in e2fsck while the partitions are being checked.
> Are there any steps that I am missing in order to move this partition?
>
> Chris

Hi Christian,

  Shot in the dark here...  did you change your root= line
in your boot cmdline to point to the new device? Not sure
it would matter but it's worth a try.

  After making your root copy, unmount the drive and fsck it
_before_ rebooting to see if there are any problems.

Cheers,
Sean

P.S. "cp -pax . /newRoot" is another way to make the copy.