On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:11:02 -0700
"LinuxRocks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just installed RH 9 on my machine (After running Mandrake 9.1 for sometime
> on same hardware). Durin the install, the graphical installer tried to run,
> but my monitor came up with the messages H.V OUT OF RANGE..
>
> Well, I did the good ol trusty text installer and everything installed fine.
> After the install, I configured my X installer and selected the GeForce FX
> (Generic) and left it at 128 megs (Dispite the installed 256 on the card.
> However, when I rebooted, the GUI tried to start, but the screen is just
> black. When I ALT f1 to the console, it seems to be stuck on Firstboot.
>
> I have a GeForce FX 5600 delux(256 megs ram) and a Viewsonic PF95+ monitor.
>
> Is there a way to get this to work?
>
> Thanks In Advance
>
> Joe

Hi Joe,

  At this point you'll probably have to boot up into text
mode to make the changes you need.

  Once at a command line try running "XFree86 -configure"

  With any luck this will generate a working configuration
file for you and tell how to test it.

  There's no need to reboot to test your configuration efforts.
after changing your config, type "startx" and you'll get a
desktop if you have things correct.

Cheers,
Sean