Hi

I have a Sparklan wireless (802.11b) card that's causing problems on RH
8. This uses Prism II chips.

In order to get it running, I needed to updgrade to pcmcia 2.4 - which
required downloading and compiling. All went well and the card is
recognised and works fine (including encryption) - for a while.

Unfortunately, after about 15-30 min, hte card simply stops working and
the link light goes out. Ifconfig shows the interface is still there and
configured and the needed modules are still loaded, but it doesn't work.

If I pull out the card and reinsert it, it starts working again, only to
fail again.

This is on Red Hat Linux 8 (with the 2.4.20-19.8 errata kernel) on a
brand new Toshiba Tecra laptop.

Any hints or suggestions for tracking down and fixing the problem
gratefully received!

--
Robert Hart                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Strategic IT & open source consulting                +61 (0)438 385 533