On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 00:56, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

> Question:  We tried last year to use samba as a print server for a bunch of
> Win2K client machines on a domain.  We could get Samba to authenticate to
> the WinNT domain, no prob, but we couldn't get the print server to see any
> of the special features of the printers.  For instance, we have a couple of
> HP laser printers with duplexers.  We were able to get the linux box to be
> the print server, but couldn't see the duplexer on the printer.
>
> Were you able to get this kind of functionality?  And if so, how?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ben

I don't seem to have a problem at all with Samba - I use Webmin to add
my printers to the "box" - and usually each client machine has the
drivers loaded locally; as well, with this site, they're using jetdirect
cards for the printers...that's always quite easy to get flying.

For what it's worth, I've had my problems installing printers locally on
RH and MDK boxes...and out of frustration ended up using Webmin - and
being that it worked well, at least for me, I've stuck to using it as my
starting tool. Ditto with Samba/SWAT...

--
Thu Aug 21 08:05:00 EST 2003
 08:05:00 up 3 days, 10:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.12, 0.04