On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 21:38, Bill Johnson wrote:
> I have tried to get acpi working with absolutely no success.  I'm using
> RH8, though, and I am an idiot when it comes to things like compiling the
> kernel.  Do you have, or have access to, step by step instructions for
> making this work?  I haven't searched for documentation for a few months,
> now, but at the time I last searched, I found lots, but none that seemed
> to be written for novices.

Maybe because what you're trying to do _isn't_for_novices_.  If you want
to try it, feel free.  There's even some documentation out there that
will tell you how to do it.  But they can't _do_it_for_you_.

Well, I could.  But you can't afford me.  :)

http://sylvestre.ledru.info/howto/howto_acpi.php
http://ldp.kernelnotes.de/HOWTO/Battery-Powered/powermgm.html#ACPI
http://www.cpqlinux.com/acpi-howto.html
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/ACPI-HOWTO/