From: "Sean Estabrooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: Proxy server

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:53:35 -0400
> "Brad Hittle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > This one is for all the gurus!
> >
> > Here is the problem:
> > I'm setting up a Proxy server for my company so that it does a
destination NAT on the IP.  For those people that don't want to pay for our
service, we want to direct them to a webpage that they can either cancel
their service or agree that they will pay us.  The clients use an IP in the
range of 192.168.*.* (255 class C's)

> > This is how far I've gotten:
> > I've setup the machine with destination NAT and masquerading, and all of
that works great.  Dialup users get routed through the proxy machine and the
packets coming in get their destination changed to go to one of our web
servers.  Then it comes back through the proxy to the client.  We have tried
just a normal DNAT without masquerading, but the packet goes all the way to
the web server but it can't find its way back from that point.

> > The problem we are encountering:
> > Whenever a client does this, a coldfusion page is supposed to look-up
their IP and retrieve their login information.  It displays the username,
how much they owe us, etc.  What is happening is that the coldfusion page is
recieving the IP for the Proxy server rather than the IP for the client
machine.