make your PC reboot (do it with Ctrl-Alt-Del)
when grub's menu displays, move the hilighted line on your current config
(this is necessary only if you have more then one bootable kernel)
press e (for edit)
move the hilighted line on the kernel parameters (usually containing things
like root=LABEL=/)
press e again
then add the number 1 at the end of the line (leave a blank before) to tell
the system to boot in single mode
press enter to end editing
press b to boot
the system will start with only a very few services activated : your
wrapper script should not start and the boot will end with a root shell
modify your script so that it starts in the background
type exit (to continue booting) or reboot (to start a new boot sequence)

if this doesn't work, you might try to connect from another computer with
telnet or ssh, even if the keyboard/mouse/display of your computer remain
locked due to the boot sequence not complete, it's likely that network
services have already been started and let you login from a remote system

hth