What are you trying to authenticate against ? You have set saslauthd to
use shadow, whilst auxprop will use sasldb.

If you are trying to authenticate against shadow use

   /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
        pwcheck_method: saslauthd

or

    /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
        pwcheck_method:  auxprop

but turn off saslauthd. The link below has more details

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/sasldb_configuration.html

http://www.seekitzone.com
http://www.e-securenetworks.net
http://www.shopper-holic.com