Dear List,

I have a RH9 server running samba. I wish to use it for printing
requests from win 2000 clients and also as a simple directory share.

I have set a printer up and can connect and print to it from a RH9
client so I know that cups is running fine.

I have configured my smb.conf file and can write to and read from the
simple share directory on the samba server using a win 2000 client.

I cannot print. I have configured smb.conf to load and share all
printers. I can see and connect to the printer from the win 2000 client
and the driver install goes OK. When I access the printer I get the
message "cannot connect to the printer, access denied". I do not think
that it is an authentication issue as I can connect to the simple
directory shares.

I understand that if I have share level security and guest ok = yes in
the smb.conf file any user can print? I have tried this with no effect.
I have modified the print driver commands to ones which worked on
Mandrake 9.1 but with no luck. Have RH configured samba slightly
differently?

My error and access logs do not tell me anything illustrative.

Below is a snip from my smb.conf file.

# if you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = yes

# It should not be necessary to spell out the print system type unless
# yours is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx, cups
        printing = cups

>>> snip

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
        printable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        writeable = no
        create mode = 700
        #print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
        #lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        #lprm command =  cancel %p-%j

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?

Regards,

George