I hope this is not a stupid question..

I have some perl CGI scripts I wrote that are used on an NT based front page
web server. These
scripts use the Win32::ODBC functionality to manipulate an Access database
(Add, Retrieve, and
delete data from some tables). What I want to do is place these Access
databases on a Unix file
server and do the same thing from an apache based server on that machine
thus removing the NT
system from the picture entirely. Can a unix based perl script use SQL calls
to interact with an Access
database residing on a Unix file system? The databases must still be
readable to some NT workstations
so switching to a different database is not an option. The NT workstations
currently use Samba to access
some other databases residing on the machine I want to migrate the web stuff
to. Basically, I want to  eliminate the resource-hogging performance-lacking
IIS web server.

Thanks in advance,
CC