Greetings

We are upgrading our fax server and we are using the latest release of
sendmail with Red Hat 9 to delivery the email generated by the fax
software. To avoid the use of two different MUA I send the emails to our
main email server in our LAN. Both servers have internal IPs and no DNS is
used. So, if I send email to address [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the fax server
the message must go to our mainemailserver. This is the ideal configuration
but one that relay for every address will be fine too.
In sendmail.mc I changed the SMARTHOST line to

define(`SMART_HOST',`mainemailserver')dnl

and disabled DAEMON OPTIONS

dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Unfortunnaly this is not enough and all messages are queued

Aug 27 15:17:45 srvfax2 sendmail[25772]: h7REHjYP025772: from=root,
size=39, c
lass=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
rel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Aug 27 15:17:45 srvfax2 sendmail[25772]: h7REHjYP025772: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pt, delay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=30037, dsn=4.4.3, stat=queued

After reading sendmail documentation I guess what I'm missing here is some
line in one of the files at /etc/mail/ but I'm not sure about this. Thanks
in advance for any reply.

Atentamente,

Pedro