Hello
I wanna use ODBC with MySQL over Redhat 9 , So i was following the
OpenOffice.org 1.0, ODBC, and MySQL 'How-to'
http://pbs.linux.net.pl/ksiazki/OOoMySQL.pdf

As They stated , I should Add these Entries to /etc/odbcinst.ini Using The GUI utility ODBCconfig

But i didnt find

Driver         = /usr/lib.libmyodbc.so
or
Setup        = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so

Instead i used :
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so.1

So My /etc/odbcinst.ini :

[MySQL]
Description     = ODBC driver for MySQL
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so.1
FileUsage       = 1
CPTimeout       =
CPReuse         =

And then There is /etc/odbc.ini

[IGSohba]
Description             = IgSohba
Driver                  = MySQL
Server                  = localhost
Database                = igsohba
Port                    = 3306
Socket                  =
Option                  =
Stmt                    =

* When i was adding from the GUI tool , the DB entry is a drop down menu , and there was test and mysql , but not my
DB i created which is igsohba , but i added it manually anyway .

it is also mentioned that to test this :

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# isql IGSohba
Segmentation fault

So my questions are :
1) Are the libs i added in /etc/odbcinst.ini correct .

2) is there a missing package .

3) where did i go wrong ?

Thanks In advance .
good day