-----Original Message-----
De: Peter L. Arnoldy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fecha: Viernes 17 de Abril de 1998 8:50 AM
Asunto: Exiting Xwindows gracefully

>I ran xwindows by typing "xdm". It runs, unfortunately, I do not
>know how to get out. If I do start/exit fvwm/yes, really exit, it
>exits to the login screen, but not back to prompt. How to I get to
>prompt, so that I can safely shut off my machine?

Peter, as far as I know, by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at the login screen won't
harm your system anyway. Instead it will start the shutdown progress
quite normaly.

Hope this eases you...

Ivan

ps.If anyone out there this isn't right just let me know so I can change my
point of view about it.

Thanx
杶yڴPN*lڵv^0 ы!$D!TD
0aj(^tv?EGj+ZS?x%lNrzfekzvrn˛m欶r