From: Eduardo A. dela Rosa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 2:36 AM
To: RedHat List
Subject: Proxy Authentication

Hi,

My story may be OT but please bear with me:

I use Mozilla 1.4 as web browser.  Our web proxy
is using Microsoft Proxy Server.  I configured my
browser with the given proxy IP Address at port 80.

However, when I tried to browse the internet, the
following error keeps on appearing:

*----------------------------------------------------------
Proxy Authentication Required
You must authenticate with a proxy server before this request can be
serviced.

Please try the following:

      * Log on to your proxy server and try again.
      * If you believe you should be able to view this directory or
        page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the
        e-mail address or phone number listed on the java.sun.com home
        page.

HTTP 407 - Proxy Authentication Required
Internet Information Services

      * More information:
        Microsoft Support
*------------------------------------------------------------

Our sysad advised me that Microsoft Proxy Server only
allows Internet Explorer to pass through.

Is there a workaround to get through this and browse the
internet?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

--
EDUARDO A. DELA ROSA
MCOM-IT Department

http://www.smart.com.ph

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names"
-- Pres. John F. Kennedy