On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 19:23, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> > Not all memory work in all machines.  The 128 you added maybe
> > wrong for your machine.  Parity, no parity, oem,...etc. Check
> > with the manufacturer to see what kind of memory you need
>
> True.  They were closed when I got home this evening.  I plan on calling
> them tomorrow.  It came from PC Boost.  It's the Atlas Precision memory
> that is supposed to be "guaranteed" to work with my motherboard.  :-)

You may want to consider installing memtest86.  It can run through LILO
or GRUB at boot time and can do very thorough RAM testing.

http://www.memtest86.com/

They even seem to have an ISO image to burn a self-booting CD for memory
testing.  I think I was able to get an RPM through freshrpms.

Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Steve