All,

I'm setting up a name server for work.  I've gone into the
redhat-config-bind tool, and I think I have all of the zones configured
correctly.  I was able to add the service with chkconfig, and I was able to
start the named service with /etc/init.d/named start.  I allowed port 53,
both tcp and udp through the firewall, with the following two iptables
rules:

-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 53 --syn -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 -j ACCEPT

and restarted iptables.

I still couldn't get anything from dig, so I tried a netstat -tap | grep
named:

tcp        0      0 orion.osbi.state:domain *:*                     LISTEN
21389/named
tcp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*                     LISTEN
21389/named
tcp        0      0 localhost:rndc          *:*                     LISTEN
21389/named

Note that orion.osbi.state.ok.us is the name of the machine.  This seems to
show that the named daemon is only listening to itself for dns queries,
correct?

How/where do I tell the named daemon to listen to external queries?

Thanks!

Ben