Hi,

I'm looking into rolling out a few RH9 machine and need to be able to make rock-solid disk images of them in a flexible manner such that I can burn the results out to multiple CDs or store them on harddrives.  I would like this to work how Norton Ghost does for Windows machines, in that the application would have to recognize the files systems (so that I wouldn't get a 10GB image for a 10GB drive that only has 1.5GB used, e.g.) and allow me to complete the whole process w/ minimal messing around.

I'm currently looking at <a href=www.partimage.org>partimage</a> as a solution, but I'm finding it rather cumbersome to install, especially since I'd like to make these backup images over the network and the only solution they provide is to install this partimaged server, which I'd rather not do, b/c I see it as an unecessary complication.

I've also examined the <a href="" as a solution for booting the machines up w/ a pretty functional version of Linux in a ramdisk, so I'd like to continue w/ that approach.

So, after all the above description, what do you all use to handle your image backup procedures (especially when you do not have adequate harddrive space on the machine to be backed up)?

Thanks,

John Lawler