Hi!

I have been trying all day to change ext3 mode from ORDERED to WRITEBACK and so far no success. Let me say what I have been trying:
-adding a parameter to /etc/fstab data=writeback next to the defaults for the root and /boot partition eg.
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults,data=writeback 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults,data=writeback 1 2
when I try to boot I get a lot of errors to be unable to write because it is readonly etc. and after it stops at starting syslog.
-adding a parameter to the grub.conf file:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-20.8 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi data=writeback
This time it boots normally but fs is mounted in ordered data mode.
-adding another parameter to grub.conf:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-20.8 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi rootflags=data=writeback
I got kernel panic - unrecognized mount parameter.

Has anyone done this and how because I don't know what to do more?

Sasa