Sean Estabrooks pravi:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:41:13 +0200
Sasa Stupar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have currently installed RH8 with ext3 fs. I have read that the default settings for that fs is data=ordered. I would like to change it to data=writeback. How do I do that?

Sasa,

Filesystem options such as these are required by mount.
Reading the man page for mount will give you more information on all of these options. The /etc/fstab file stores the options used for automatically mounted filesystems so this is where
you'll want to make your change.

Cheers,
Sean

I have tried to set it in the /etc/fstab directly by replacing the defaults with data=writeback but after I reboot system it still mount in ordered mode and then starts problem that it was unable to remount, a lot of error because or readonly files and finaly stops at loading syslog.
By reading man mount and man tune2fs I didn't find out how I could do this by a command line.
Is there someone who has succesfully change this option?
How you can specify this option at install of the distribution? It doesn't give you any modes to choose just fs.