The Cliff Notes version of my question is this: I'm running AS 2.1 and need
to support sparse LUNs.  Is there a kernel patch?  Module?

Longer version:
I'm setting up 3 distinct cluster pairs all with Cluster Manager under AS
2.1 -- 6 servers all day.  They will be running as Apache web servers -- and
all of them are connected to a single External Storage Enclosure.  Each Dell
server has a QLogic FC controller in it that is in turn connected to a
Brocade switch.

I have 6 quorum disks made out of a mirrored pair (2 quorum disks for each
clustered pair of servers -- a primary and a backup -- in accordance with
the guidelines from the Cluster Manager user's guide).  Since this is an
external box, those disks are using LUNs 0-5 (such that LUNs 0,1 map to
cluster pair 1; LUNs 2,3 map to cluster pair 2; and LUNs 4,5 map to cluster
pair 3).  I should also note that I am using LUN zoning to prevent errant
access to other partitions (this allows us to control access permissions).

I also have a file share (one for each clustered pair again) using LUNs
6-7-8.

Let's consider the base case -- relative to cluster pair 1.  The server
boots and it maps LUNs 0 and 1 to /dev/sda and /dev/sdb respectively.  But
the file share array is never seen/configured as /dev/sdc.

>From the perspective of cluster pair 2 (or 3), NONE of the attached drives
are seen (though of course the FC HBA's can indeed see the attached
storage).

Thus the crux of my sparse LUN problem.  Anyone know of any hacks to help me
out here?  :-)

Thanks in advance,

Eric Gee