Meant to send this to the list :

Be interesting to see what forwarding does to the threading.

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 18:09, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> On 05 Sep 2003 17:58:37 -0500
> Bret Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > I don't know what the recourse would be if I were to really raise hell.
> > It appears that the maintainer of RH packages has the power to declare
> > issues NOTABUG and I do not know the procedure to go over them.
> >
> > I pleaded on one of the bug threads not to NOTABUG this issue since it
> > damn well is a big and rendered the package unusable for me.  I pay
> > attnetion to who is trying to get to the six boxes I maintain that are
> > directly connected to the internet and filling the logs with crap is
> > unacceptable.
> >

> Pretty clear that it's a bug.
>
> > Shit I done got all pissed off again.
>
> lol, it's friday... let it go ;o)
>
> > > If you'd like an updated RPM let me know.
> > >

> > Does either of these also fix the bogus auth failure messages?
> >
> > That is the thing that really irks me, and Ben too I guess :)
> >

> Yes, no error messages.   The only price you "pay" is that no user
> can login _without_ a password.   This is because my patch requires
> you set PermitEmptyPasswords to "no".   The reason your logs are
> filling up with these messages is sshd "asking" pam if the user is
> allowed to log in without a password.   Pam, seeing this as a login
> attempt,  logs the error and

That's ok I think since I require keys anyway  I did not realize that
this was a pam password thing.  Maybe if I spent less time ranting and
more time reading I would have found that.

Yes I would like to have your src.rpm  will it build on 7x as well as 8
and 9?

Bret