On 22-Apr-98 Craig Maloney wrote:
> I currently have a RedHat 4.2 system. I just bought the 5.0 commercial
> version from Borders. I'd like to keep my system functioning as well as
> it
> is now.
>
> Would it be best for me to trash what I have now (with ample backups) or
> will the upgrade work reasonably well? (A patch here and there?)

I did just such an upgrade. If you're worried about it trashing something,
it didn't on my upgrade. If you maybe want to change configuration at the
same time, you can either get it set up in 4.2 (adding and removing unti
l you have it the way you want) then upgrade , or start over with a total
reinstall.

The upgrade path didn't offer me the option of MetroX. So, I did a total
reinstall and took that option at a later time. Should have left it as it
was 'cause MetroX was trashy on my laptop.

---
A prune isn't a vegetable; a cabbage is a vegetable.